Friday, December 12, 2008

An amazing night

You know what, last night was one of the most amazing nights I have ever had in my life.
Q re-enlisted yesterday. First they wanted to do it before the Christmas Social but than they changed plans to do it during the Christmas social end everybody knew I was going to be recognized too but wouldn't tell me. I did not know until the retention NCO said (he was sitting with us) that I would have to get up because they have a gift for me.

After the raffle and the first short speech the Battalion Commander called Q and I had to follow. So we were in front of the entire battalion including wives, some kids, civilians and waiters and they were all looking at us. The Battalion Commander swore Q into the Army and than he asked me to step forward. He introduced me to all these people as Q's fiancee, that we'd get married soon and thanked me for all the support and that he hopes that I would keep on supporting him for many many many more years. I was so nervous, excited and thrilled that I barely got a word out.. Than he gave me a certificate of appreciation and shook my hand. Everybody applauded and congratulated us. So I have official order from the Batallion Commander himself.

Photobucket

The dress turned out great after it got altered. People walked up to me saying they'd love that dress. The colors are very festive and it is definitely an eye catcher especially since so many women wore black that night.

I think I am safe to say that his re-enlistment was special and very unique. Not everybody can say that he did it at the Christmas social in a castle in front of so many people. I am sure he will never forget that. I know I never will.

No comments: