Sunday, September 13, 2009

I guess I am a Desperate Housewives...

I hate doing housework. I truly hate it.

I hate doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning about everything because I know that whithin the next half an hour it pretty much looks the same. Well not the kitchen but everything else.

Once I've cleaned the floor and it's finally spotless Yukon decides to get some water. Now, he's not just drinking the water like every other normal dog. He's diving and biting in it. He puts his paws in there and creates such a mess that you can literally follow his footsteps throughout the whole apartment and after he's done half the water is around the bowl instead of being in the bowl.

So yeah. It's kind of ridiculous. Before we had the dog our apartment was literally spotless and it pretty much stayed that way.

However, I found my very own medicine that helps with the motivation.

"Desperate Housewives."

I am not kidding. It is so much easier for me to clean up the kitchen and everything else while that is running in the background reminding me that there are other housewives out there that are probably feeling the same way I do but still get the work done.
Plus I love that show. It's my favorite.
Sounds cheesy doesn't it. But hey, it works for me.


3 comments:

satakieli said...

I love desperate housewives. I can see myself in a few years as the blonde woman with the awful kids *sigh*

To motivate myself to clean I like to watch "How Clean is Your House" on the Zone Club channel. The houses are so disgusting that it makes me want to clean ours so it doesn't end up like that! But I have a toddler following me who likes to take out everything that I've put away. It's never ending!

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

OMG! I HATE housework too - I have two kids but I also have 2 (wonderful)dogs and I think that is the problem!!

Stopping by from SITS...hope you will do the same!

Nori said...

Happy SITS Share Fest!
Blessings to you and your hubby! Here's to 50+ more years together.