Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yukon has a cold

So Yukon is sick. I am pretty sure he catched it at the dog park. We went to see the vet and they said that there is nothing wrong with him and that he is perfectly fine, tested him on heartworms and sent us home. WTH? Come on people, just because he is not coughing right there doesn't mean that he is perfectly fine. He is not! He is coughing, has a stuffy nose, has breathing issues and they tell me that my dog doesn't have anything? That there is no need for medication?
Heck, we've infected my parents dogs, probably the entire neighborhood including the dogs from the dog club because I've been there the day before he started coughing and they say "Nope, he is okay...?"

Right now I am giving him ACC with his water. He's got it for a WEEK now and it's not getting any better but hey... according to the Vets on PHV he doesn't even have a cold...

Anyhow, tomorrow I am heading over to moms place, let's see what our Vet says once she checked him out.

2 comments:

Diana said...

The Vets on Post/ Base all suck, that is why we went off Base. I hope he's feeling better soon!

Sandra said...

I wouldn't say they suck. Especially the females over at PHV have got a hand with Yukon. My parents vet diagnosed the kennel cough. He's "geimpft" but somehow he still catched it. The vet said that it is probably a different "Stamm". He got antibiotics today plus "Atussin" cough sirup. In three days he'll get another shot of Antibiotics.

I am not sure if I should go there and tell them that they screwed up big time or just leave it...