Friday, December 23, 2011

Homesick...

...today was one of those days where I just wanted to go home. Every once in a while I get that urge to fly back home to see my family but it's just not happening. Everybody is getting ready for Christmas, even I put a little decoration around the house but it's just that, decoration. There is no Christmas Spirit, not without hubby or family. So all I want is to go home to be at least with my parents and sister but it's impossible. I wish they could come here but that is impossible for the very same reasons it's impossible for me to travel back... they have the horses and dogs to care for, all those costumers just like I have to take care of my dogs.

To top it all off it looks like I have a stomache bug. So I am going to get a "good ol'" remedy that my mother always used to give us as kids. I think the only time we got to drink any Coke at all was when we had the Stomache Flu. My parents were very restrictive when it came up to Soda or Burgers of any kind. It was something special, a treat that we only got a couple of times per year. However whenever we had the stomache flu we got salty pretzelsticks and coke. So I guess I'm going to make a trip to the next Gas Station to get me some, not only because I feel like crap but because it's a little bit of home...

The only thing that made my day was receiving three letters from my husband. It did make me feel better but at the same time it makes you want them back even more and you have to put your big girl panties on just not to come across as whiny and bitchy... but guess what... every once in a while its okay to feel bad, it's okay to admit that you are homesick and it's okay to want your husband back. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's nice to see what makes others feel at home. I can relate to the treat items making you feel better when you're sick.
I'm so sorry you are so far from home. I can relate. I'm the opposite of you. I'm from Texas, and I'm stationed in Heidelberg.
I'm sorry your husband was deployed.
Love your blog.

Sandra said...

Heidelberg? That is where my husband was stationed and where we got to know each other. We lived there for three years. My family doesn't live far from Heidelberg. It's a half an hour drive.

It's a beautiful place and it is far away from home. I guess all we can do is to pull us out and keep us busy so we don't get to think about it all the time.