Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nala's Indication

Under the NYS Federation you have to have the re-find. However, Nala has the indication down to the point where I could even do it without the re-find. She's doing it in every possible position. If I turn away, kneel down, lay down, cover the tug with my body, sit, stand... doesn't matter what kind of position I'm in. She's doing it. However, since we do the re-find she doesn't have to deal with me laying down or anything. It's just for me to proof her off. If I'd decide to do the RH/IRO stuff instead we wouldn't have to have the re-find but out here we'll stick to the Federation rules.

The Beginning


Now




What was important to me is that she's not pestering or trying to pressure me for the tug. In the very beginning you couldn't even have a tug or ball in your hands, let alone your pocket without her trying to get it at all cost. So this is a huge improvement. Mainly due to obedience and impulse control.

No comments: