Sunday, January 22, 2012

Nalas Indication

Lately I've been working on Nala's indication for the area search. Indra jumps on me which I never, ever want to have or deal with. With a powerful dog like Indra it really hurts when they are in drive, flying back, jumping off the ground literally flying into you, knocking you over in the process. I've got bruises all over my tummy because of that. 

Anyhow, with Nala I decided to use the hold&bark. So she finds the subject, has to come back, hold and bark anywhere between 8-12 times and then lead me back.

She's getting more and more solid on the bark. It's nothing spectacular, doesn't look really good either but you can't complain for the second day of actively working it out. 


Some people asked why I'm not using the German words "Gib Laut" which is the equivalent to speak. I guess it's because "speak" is much shorter. I use a mix of German and English commands and words with my dog. For some reason I mainly talk in English to them but use German commands such as Fuss, Sitz, Platz, Steh, Bleib, Hier and Bring.
But then again I also use Search, Pick it Up and Speak... it's weird but it works for me and the dog really doesn't worry what kind of language I use.

No comments: