Monday, September 17, 2012

So many things to talk about...

It is unbelievable how much time has gone by, yet again. I have no idea where all that time went. It's been so long that I have seriously blogged about what we are doing, it's crazy and honestly, I am not even sure what to blog about first. There are so many things that have happened within the last year that I seriously don't know where to begin. Just two weeks ago, the dogs and I traveled to Texas and it has been a huge adventure. 
We traveled through Pennsylvania, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas to Texas and on the way back we went from Texas through Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania to New York.
It's been one heck of a crazy drive and we've had a great time on the road, got to know new people, visited old and new friends, got to see Austin, San Antonio, League City and stopped in Baton Rogue and Parish. 

There are so many things I want to talk about but it is too much for just one post, all I do know is that the dogs are veteran travelers and it's so easy to travel with them. They check out the new place and then settle right away. I had not many issues in finding hotels where I could bring all three of them in. 
 
We visited the Austin Schutzhund Club and also went to the Dog Park. It was one of the most awesome Dog Parks I've ever seen. It had three sections. Two for big dogs, one with a lake and dock for the dogs to jump off, another one without a lake and one for small dogs. 
Austin seems to be a very dog friendly city and a great place to live. It is clean, bright, vibrant, alive and so not like Watertown, NY. 
I can see how people, that lived in Austin and get orders for Drum can become depressed and desperately want to go back because Watertown is just not the same as Austin.
















2 comments:

Christina RN LMT said...

It looks like y'all had a ton of fun! It's awesome that your dogs are such good travelers. My dogs don't handle change well at all, unfortunately. :( I'm glad to see you posting here again, btw. Keep it up!

Sandra said...

Traveling is so much fun and I am so glad the dogs have no issues with change whatsoever, plus, traveling alone has it's benefits when you've got three GSD's with you.

I am trying to get more into posting again. It's been so busy I didn't even think about blogging for the longest time. :)

Didn't even think anyone was still reading this old blog. haha :)