Friday, September 28, 2012

Summer is Over

Do you know that feeling? When you wake up and you realize that summer is over? You wake up and all of a sudden it is October, the geese are leaving, it's getting cold, the wind is blowing stronger, leaves falling to the ground and the sun repeatedly disappears behind the clouds. Summer is over and everything with it is gone and it seems that the world is coming to a stand-still. 
People get depressed, everything seems to slow down, renew itself only to come back to life in spring. Life is the same way and for me, something has come to an end. I have to let go, collect myself and start over.

 I don't know where things will take me from here, all I know is that I have had the honor to cross paths with an incredible person. A person so strong, committed, caring, loving, passionate from everything I have ever known, that I am honored to call that person my friend. The kind of connection we have is a strong bond of friendship and I hope that from this moment on, we will remain friends for the rest of our lives. 

Yesterday I felt betrayed by that very friend because the words used were very hurtful, however I got them the wrong way because my friend called after I voiced my anger and pain, but said friend couldn't reach me because I was out with the rescue squad and so I had to wait until after class to call back.

"Well, well, well..." is how my friend answered the phone. "Do you have any more angry messages you want to send me?" and that was the beginning of a very long and honest conversation about feelings, friendship and expectations. 

We used to live in the same city. That is how we got to know each other but now... we each live on the different side of the country and it makes it hard to communicate. We both have our life that we need to move forward with to reach our goals and it isn't easy to accept that communication isn't as easy as it used to be and I have to tell myself that our friendship isn't over, that we will always stay friends, always share our life with each other, share pain, love, happiness, joy and sorrow because that is what best friends do.

Winter may be coming but our friendship is so strong enough to endure anything the world is throwing at us. 

So long my friend' till next Summer. We'll meet again.

No comments: