Monday, December 29, 2008

I miss my friends...

The first friend I made around here was Scott. We became friends quickly and hang out a lot together. He is with the military and we met in a bar close to post and the student dorm I first lived in. We were very close. That was before I got to know Quasi. Through Scott I met Tom and Tom was the one who introduced me to Quasi.

Scott and me did a lot of stuff together. We traveled a lot and I saw places that I haven't seen before even though I lived in Europe most of my life.

incredible view

We went to Switzerland, Lichtenstein, France, Luxembourg and Austria. He took me to my first real Rock Concert (KISS) and we went out a lot. He was my best friend here in town.

Photobucket

I knew he would not stay in Germany and he PCS'ed back to the States a couple of months ago. We are in almost daily contact but I miss him. I honestly miss my friend and I miss my friends from Muenster.... sigh...

I talk to my friends from Muenster almost on a daily basis too but it's just not the same. I haven't seen them in over a year and I hoped we could celebrate New Years together. Unfortunately we can't make it. Instead we are probably going to the bowling center.

Last year I was working in the very same bar where I got to know Scott, Tom and Quasi, so I shouldn't complain. However, I wished I could hang out with some of my Muenster friends.

Photobucket

Please don't get me wrong. I am not in love with any of them. I know there are a lot of spouses out there who don't agree with the fact that a woman can have guy friends. I have and it will never change. I love them to death and miss them greatly.
I know I will make new friends. I am a very open, love to socialize but am a little picky when it comes up to friends. I need to be able to trust somebody before I call him/her a friend but I guess that is human.

Thought of the Day:

Here below to live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often.

-John Henry Newman






Photobucket

No comments: