Monday, July 19, 2010

Stole hubbies "Command Center"

Since my husband isn't using his "command center" (boy will be boys) I stole it from him. With three dogs it isn't easy to train them indoors. Either you lock them into their crate or another room or you have to deal with them being around and them wanting to work with you too.

So I simply turned hubbies room into my clicker room. Finally!!! A room that is quiet and where I can do some of my clicker training. It works perfectly and is so much better than having to lock the others into the bedroom while I am clicking in the living room. It's really not the same. The dogs are more concentrated and focuses on me instead of focusing on the others.

The Dog Handler

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Training the dogs in the house is so hard. I have to put the non-trainee in the kennel, but that dog always cries because he/she knows the other one is getting treats. Congrats on getting a clicker room!

Sandra said...

yeah, for the same reason I took over the room. It's outside the main living area so I don't have to lock up the others. I can take one of them out and the others won't even care.

Do you have a room that you could use without having to crate the other dog?