Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Medical System SUCKS!

Seriously, it makes me miss my home.

Last year when I had an "open nerv" situation I walked into the Hospital, in Heidelberg, they pulled the wisdom tooth and I was sent back home.

Over here I called over ten dentists in town and the surrounding area. NONE will take me in right away. My Wisdom Tooth broke, the nerve lays open and I am in excruciating pain and they don't see that as an emmergency and have no appointments under one or two months. REALLY?

Today it was so bad that hubby had to take me to the hospital. I got three painkillers. Vicodin, Tramadol and Motril and on top of that antibiotics so it doesn't get infected. They said that I probably have to drive to Syracuse to get an appointment within the next two weeks because it should be taken care of ASAP, yet it's not an emmergency.

WTH. Pulling a tooth takes 10 minutes tops and yet, because I am not an established patient with any Dentist, none of them wants to give me an appointment and rather see me getting addicted to Vicodin than treating me?
It's not like I don't have health insurance, I have Tricare Dental Coverage but I can't go on post either because they don't treat family members on post...

I really love this country, I love my home, I love my team, I love the town but situations like that make me want to go back home just to be treated like a human beeing.

If you are in pain, a doctor HAS to treat you. He can't send you away and a broken tooth with an open laying nerv is treated as an emergency and they WILL squeeze you in. You may have to wait four or five hours but at least they don't send you back home...

The pain is so bad that not even those three painkillers make it go away completely. As soon as I put pressure on the tooth I can feel that nerv and the painkiller only helped for a couple of hours and the pain is already, slowly, coming back.... 

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

That stinks!! Hoping for a speedy resolution and recovery!

Sandra said...

It's already heeling. Thank you :)