Sunday, October 23, 2011

Not sure how to feel...

... this is the second day without my husband. Yesterday I was supposed to meet up with the SAR team to do some Navigation training and search work with the dogs. I overslept and didn't make it, called in and decided to meet with a fellow member later on that day to do what I was supposed to do in the morning. It's quiet. Usually, when hubby is home, the TV is running. I only had it on for like half an hour and turned it off. I cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry but haven't mowed the lawn or vacuum cleaned the house. That means that there is dog fur tumbleweeds underneath the table. It takes one day without vacuum cleaning... that is why they are called German Shedders. 

So far I received two emails from the FRG. One that the plain had troubles, second that they are on their way to their destination.
Funny thing is that I found myself eating some Ramen Noodles with Cheese Dogs. The same way he does it. It gives me a little comfort. I found his laundry in the laundry machine. Of course he didn't tell me that it was in there and I had to clean out the laundry machine and wash it again, it's so typical for him to do that. I miss him already and I hope he'll stay safe and that I get to hear from him soon.

2 comments:

Country Girl said...

*hugs*

I have stood in your shoes. Best wishes and prayers for a speedy and safe return of all those who are loved.

Sandra said...

Thank you. I hope the year is going by fast and uneventful as well.