Monday, January 9, 2012

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions

Since I got Nala I was thinking about what route to go with her. She's got so much potential and so much drive that I wasn't sure if I should straight go for SAR or going towards the SchH title, putting the BH on her first, starting her to track and hope, somewhere down the road, to get her ready to for the SchH1 and once she's got that go for the SAR certification. 

So yesterday I sent in my application with the SV and contacted somebody whose been showing dogs for 30 years in the ring. He lives about three hours away and was suggested by a local breeder. He knows the USCA, SV and WDA Show Dog world inside and out and if anyone can get us ready to show her before she turns two in June, it's probably him. 
I remember the Show Ring from my childhood. I know how to stack a dog but I've never entered a dog myself. So it is very exciting for me to enter a dog into a Show to get her a rating. :)

We'll be meeting every second Tuesday to get her ready for the Ring in April.

No comments: