Friday, November 11, 2011

Nala vom Kassler Kreuz arrived

Nala vom Kassler Kreuz arrived November 3rd of 2011 in the United States of America and boy is she beautiful. She's petite yet muscular, very athletic, fast and intense. She's got tons of drive, awesome conformation...

My friend from over at Dogs for Defense, watched the doggies (except for Judge who was with me) while I was on the road driving from Watertown to Washington Dulles.
I am so thankful that my American friends, who lived right opposite from us, in Heidelberg, took Nala with them. It made things a whole lot easier. I didn't have to go through Petair and didn't need a broker, plus, it was a whole lot cheaper.


Once my friends got off the plane we had to re-arrange the car, take the crate apart and went to my friends parents place to let the dogs run and to get me some coffee, eat something and chat for a little. 

Nala and Judge hit it right off, look at them go:
All she wanted to do was to run and run and run some more. She came off the plane, settled right in, listened perfectly to her name, she was so sweet and kind from the beginning, great around my friends babyboy, inspected their house, played with my friends dad...she was completely free in her behavior.

We got home late, it was like three or four in the morning when we finally pulled into the driveway. Thankfully Chris crated the others. To me it was important that Nala didn't have deal with the others. We fell into bed and slept into the morning until the others woke us up with barking.

After they all were fed I let them together in the backyard, don't mind the mess though. If you've got five dogs in a backyard it's not going to be pretty and this year I really don't worry about keeping it pretty, that is a project for next year LOL.

Anyhow, again... she settled right in. There is not a single mean bone or any type of dog aggression in her, which is very important for SAR. She's so playful and wants to play with everybody and pretty much everybody wants to play with her.
Later on we went to Chris's because I had to pick up the key. I had Nala and Yukon with me. There she made a new friend. Malinois Ronja and Nala pretty much got along well from the very beginning.

She is an awesome dog with lots and lots of drive. She's pretty much perfect for any kind of work, naturally retrieves metal is very methodical in how she works out a problem.
I can't wait to see how she will go from here and turn out with the upcoming training. 


No comments: